- 8 oz. whole wheat spaghetti noodles
- 25 oz. cooked chicken breast (or approx. 34 oz raw)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 container fresh mushrooms (9.3 oz)
- 3 servings (1 ½ cups) hunts spaghetti sauce
- 2 fresh jalapenos, chopped (optional)
- 4 servings (1 cup) fat free mozzarella cheese
Bake chicken breasts in oven at 350 degrees for twenty minutes on each side. Remove and let cool. (This step can also be done ahead of time for faster preparation.) Cook spaghetti noodles as directed and drain. Set noodles and chicken aside to cool.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and add peppers, fresh mushrooms and jalapenos and cook for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir frequently.
- Add spaghetti sauce, noodles and chicken to the vegetable mixture and cook on low heat for 10 minutes to allow everything to heat through.
- Stir in fat free mozzarella cheese and mix well.
Macros per oz. = 3.3 protein/2.7carbs/.4fat
For example – an 8 oz serving would be 26.4protein/21.6carbs/3.2fat